Well that’s a nice way to expose my age 🙂 Anyways, would you believe that someone on this century survived high school, college, and 2 years after college without having a phone? Well I did, and for this blog post I’m gonna share to you the PRO’s and CON’s as a legit no-phone-guy for 24 years.
1) Never got to pretend texting or calling someone just to look occupied and busy while sitting alone( I know you did it in your lifetime haha)
2) Mastered to be calm and patient for sometimes waiting almost hours for my friends to arrive. Good thing I enjoy just watching and judging people passing around haha
3) New friends easily remember me. They just say, “Oh, the guy who has no phone? Yup, that’s Penyah”
4) I proved my friends were trustworthy because if we had a plan to go out or meet at some place, there’s no changing of plans when they know I’m in it. I really loved them about that.
5) I was contented living simple, never really got jealous of new phones or gadgets whatsoever
6) Never got hooked to any mobile game, special mention – Clash of clans haha. I really thought people could’ve used the time playing those games to something else productive
7) Never felt unwanted as I know a lot of people felt bad knowing they had a phone but they had no one to call or text to #sadstory
8) I had a phonebook, like literally a written phonebook! How cool is that?! I mean old school is cool for me 😀
9) I always had time to look around, see the world. Not just stare down on that small device waiting for a text or call or something.
1) Whenever there were on-the-spot or last minute meetups, it was impossible for me to join haha
2) Your mom will force you to borrow her phone when you travel. My mom always wanted me to keep her updated on my status when I travel. I mean whose mom doesn’t?
3) You will lose your mom’s phone, eventually… haha I lost it on our Ilocos trip with my friends. I mean, I was never used to carrying a phone with me so I didn’t realize I left her phone in our hotel when we checked out. Good thing it wasn’t an expensive phone though so the scolding part wasn’t that heavy :p
4) You’re forced to buy your mom a new phone 😀
I guess that was all that I can think of. So what made me buy a phone? Certainly not because of communication issues haha. It was because of my passion, travelling. It was gonna be my first time to travel solo and it was gonna be outside the country(Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam) and I wanted to travel with mobility. I needed a handy camera and a smartphone with a nice camera was really what I needed. My first plan was to really just borrow my cousin’s iPhone but after a few weeks of reflecting, I kind of thought it was time to let go of that – #nophoneowner pride haha
So I bought an ASUS Zenfone 2, 13megapixels, 4GB RAM, 64GB space, it was pretty decent whose price is way cheaper than an iPhone and it performs great too. So poof! I was no longer a virgin of not having a phone. But having that phone was the cherry topping on my solo travel on those places. I don’t think I could’ve enjoyed and captured those great memories without having that phone. And that phone is great for selfies too! #beautification But I don’t use that feature 😉
When I got back on that solo travel I really wanted to just keep my having a phone a secret but nah, the news spread within my close friends like wildfire haha. There really is no way to devirginize yourself 🙂 So I just accepted it and now I know how to use those unlimited texting and call features! Still working on mastering the selfies though haha. Well, if you don’t have someone to text, text me! I can text now : ) )